SUPERCELL released their latest update for Clash Royale. And boy! Does it pack a punch! The latest iteration of the game includes some major additions and changes. The most significant of them all are the CHAMPIONS.
The developers have been known for their tendency to tease and reference characters from other SUPERCELL labels. And just like many other aspects of the game, the implementation of these champions seem to have drawn a lot of inspiration from such characters from “other labels.“
As of now, there are three different champions in the game from which you have the liberty to choose from. They are Archer Queen, Golden Knight and the Skeleton King.
- Archer Queen: Most of the hardcore clasher would at once recognise the name and sight of this infamous warrior queen. Her ability to use her ‘Cloaking Cape’ allows her to disappear while engaging with the enemy and increases the rate of fire of her arrows, inflicting heavy damage in the process.
- Golden Knight: The Golden Knight flaunts his luscious shiny hair and shines equally bright at fighting his majesty’s enemies. His ‘Dashing Dash’ ability allows him to speedily move towards his enemy and engage multiple units at once.
- Skeleton King: This king is spooky, to say the least. The Skeleton king has an unique ability to summon the fallen soldiers and command them to rejoin the fight as skeletons.
It is needless to say the change in gameplay that the champions will be bringing. Will be disruptive to say the least. They can single handedly alter the course of the game if used properly. As of now, the Champions are only accessible to the players with King Level 14. So if you plan on getting your hands on one of them, you should start out by making sure you have KL 14.
Once you have upgraded to King Level 14. You are guaranteed to find a champion in the King Level 14 chest. This will start you off in your quest to acquire all three of the champions. Besides this, you can also find the champions elsewhere in the game. Some of the places where you might find one are:
- In the chest cycle. The champions are likely to turn up in the chest cycles. This is similar to the appearance of the legendaries in the chest cycle.
- In limited time shop offers. The champions will frequently appear in the limited time shop offers in the shop.
- Level 14 players are entitled to find one champion in the Legendary King’s Chest and in the Royal Wild Chest.
Once you get your hands on the champions. It is fair to say that it will take some time for you to get used to the strategies needed to use them in battles. To save you from getting caught off guard. Here are some tips that you might wanna use once you start using the champions in battles.
- Be sure to pair the Skeleton King with tanks(like the Royal Giant or the Electro Giant) to fully use its abilities. As the Skeleton King by himself, cannot sustain prolonged attacks.
- The Golden Knight’s ability, Dashing Dash, makes it a very potent counter to enemy troops which rely on numbers. The Knight can dash and engage multiple enemy foot units at once. And often destroyed them in just one blow.
- The Golden Knight is also very potent against enemy towers, if paired with the right troops.
- The Archer Queen is perhaps the best counter to all the enemy troops marching towards you. Her ability to cloak herself, provides her with the necessary element of stealth at crucial moments.