The power level of each brawler depicts the player’s dedication to overcome the weaknesses of that brawler and the tendency to attain mastery over the strengths of that brawler. Brawl stars reward such dedication with larger bars of health and higher damage count per attack.
Each Brawler attains higher power levels by subsequently upgrading the brawler with power points and coins. Each brawler has its own pool of power coins. They accumulate the power points and after a certain threshold is reached, the brawlers are eligible to be upgraded to the next power level by spending coins.
Each subsequent upgrade in power level comes with an upgrade in health bar and damage. Each upgrade increases both the health bar and damage by a factor of 5%. That means a brawler in power level 4 would have twenty percent more health and deal a damage twenty percent more severe than the nascent brawler with power level zero.
You can obtain the power coins through various sources in order to meet the net threshold to upgrade it to the next level. The rarity of getting power points specific to the brawler is not at all affected by the rarity of obtaining the brawler. It means that the chances of getting power points for your legendary brawlers is the same as the chances of getting power points for your rare or mythic brawlers. The main sources for power points have been listed below:
- Brawl Box: Statistically speaking, you are more likely to get power points from your brawl box, big box and mega boxes than all other rewards combined. Once you have unlocked your brawlers, you are equally likely to get power points for any of your brawler.
- Trophy road and Brawl pass: some trophy roads and brawl passes, both the free pass and the paid seasonal pass, reward you with power points in the sets of 25, 50, 75, 100, 150 and so on. After you have obtained the power points from either of the sources, you have the liberty to choose the brawler you want the power points to go to. The brawler you choose must be from the set of brawlers you already have unlocked.
- From shop: Just like any other ingame currencies, you can buy the power points from the shop. This is usually facilitated by exchanging your coins for the power points. The usual rate of exchange is one power point for every two coins. You can choose to buy power points specific to any brawler you choose, provided that you have the brawler in your arsenal.
How to reach power 10?
The highest level of power you can attain for any of your brawlers is power ten. This is the ultimate form of the brawler in terms of the highest level of damage it can deal on enemies and the biggest threshold of health points it can have. In order to get to this level, you have to have your brawler pre-upgraded to level nine. In order to proceed further and upgrade your brawler to level ten, you will have to unlock at least one of the brawler’s star powers. Only then can you upgrade your brawler and take it to level ten.
Star powers are special powers that each brawler has. The kind and nature of these power vary from brawler to brawler and is heavily influenced by the kind of brawler.
How to get star power?
Your brawler is eligible to get the star power only if it is upgraded to power level 9. There are two ways you can get the star power:
- From Brawl boxes: You can get a star power from either of the three brawl box es.
- From shop: Once your brawler is upgraded to level 9. You can buy the star power in exchange of 2000 coins.
However it must be noted that getting your hands on the star power will not automatically upgrade the brawler to level 10. You will have to upgrade it separately after you have got atleast one of the star powers.